Five key packaging innovations spotted at Cosmopack Bologna
Premium Beauty News ‘ journalists have selected five of the most emblematic packaging innovations that we have spotted during this edition.
After a series of postponements due to the pandemic, the 53rd edition of Cosmoprof Worldwide Bologna was eventually held from April 28 to May 2, 2022.
The event hosted 2,700 exhibitors from 70 countries and visitors from more than 140 countries.
Within the global event, #Cosmopack, the section dedicated to suppliers of the cosmetics industry, once again made it possible to discover the innovations that will make the cosmetics of the future. Premium Beauty News journalists have selected five of the most emblematic packaging innovations that they have spotted during this edition.
- Asquan has showcased the Essential Push Button Tottle, a 30ml refillable unit with an integrated ‘spring’ that dispenses out of the nozzle by depressing the tottle body from the end. There are two available size offerings of nozzle orifice (1.2mm & 2mm) to match a wide variety of formula viscosities. The tottle + nozzle refill unit snaps in and out of the outer housing for an easy and intuitive refill story.
- Berlin Packaging has introduced Airglass Jar, a collection of refillable airless glass jars available in 30 and 50 ml sizes. The concept allows consumers to reuse the jar many times by changing the refill jar in a few simple steps. Made of glass with PP and PETG components, these jars can be completely disassembled, allowing the consumer to recycle the components by material.
- Awarded at the end of 2021 by the Italian Association for Design (ADI, Associazione per il Designo Industriale), Lumson’s paper airless dispenser offers a lighter and greener alternative to plastic, glass or aluminium. Actually, XPaper is an airless pouch technology in which the outershell is in cardboard. When dispensing the formulation, the pouch is squeezed, allowing a precise dose of product to be dispensed, without any air returning into the package. The airless pouch technology ensures maximum and hygienic preservation of the skincare or makeup formulas. When the product is finished, the consumer can easily separate the plastic components from the paper and recycle each part in the appropriate way.
- Mktg Industry continues to bet on paperboard with refillable packaging solutions for sticks and lipsticks. The company’s eco- friendly collection of refillable packaging features two new items: Lipstick GEA REFILL and Sticks GEA REFILL with cardboard/paper base, plastic inside mechanism, plastic sleeve easy to be removed and exchanged and cardboard/paper cap to allow a plastic reduction up to 75%.
- MYC Packaging Innovation unveiled a mascara packaging with a smart design to combine sustainability with luxury. Refill Me mascara is a high-end mascara case that can be reused and refilled again, and again thanks to an intuitive refillable system: when the mascara refill is finished, one’s just has to pull out the cap, unscrew the collar, pull out the cartridge and insert a new one. The empty refill can be recycled. The concept is suitable for mascara as well as lash and eyebrow treatment, it can be easily tailored also for lip and face products.